Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Niyama continued

So the niyama is nothing but feeling and acting responsible for self, family, the entire human race and the nature. This is infact the essence of teaching of all the religions in the world. They all speak about the same thing, but in different words...

What are the niyamas to be implemented in our life?
To be honest, it is very difficult, involves a great deal of alertness in each and every second of our life to bring in a harmony in what we think, say and do. We must take an oath to follow the fivefold culture I have mentioned below to embrace the desirable changes.
       
       I will live healthy and  productive
       I won't kill anybody for my food
  1. I won't hurt anybody's body or mind 
       I will do the needful to those who are in pain and poverty
       I will respect the freedom of others

Swearing these vows daily and a covenant effort to fulfill them will lead to a free, successful and ecstatic life. We feel so good about ourselves without the need for anyone else's approval. This happiness becomes a journey, and not a destination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment